Do I have to wear a mask to my testing appointment? Which types of masks are permitted?
Yes. Test takers are required to bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center or their exam will be terminated.
Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale/one-way valves are prohibited to use at the testing center, due to the lack of viral particle filtration provided by these masks. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no show,” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
Enhanced Test Center Policies
Working with third-party experts, including leading epidemiologists from Johns Hopkins University, BLE Training has adopted enhanced safety measures in response to COVID-19. All of our test centers are required to abide by these procedures. Please click here for our most up-to-date global test center policies.
Test Center Cleanliness
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open, in-between each candidate, and at the end of the day, and providing adequate PPE, cleaning supplies, and training to our staff on new cleaning protocols..
Candidate Reminders to Protect Yourself and Others
Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
Wear a mask while in the test center at all times.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, including through your mask.
Review the CDC’s Steps To Prevent Illness.
Check frequently for updates.
1. ARRIVAL AND CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
Prior to entering the test center building, test takers will be required to do the following:
Bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center or your exam will be terminated. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale/one-way valves are prohibited to use at the testing center, due to the lack of viral particle filtration provided by these masks. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no show,” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
Comply with any other local or federal mandates and guidelines.
Note: if you fall into any of the following categories, you will not be permitted to test until you no longer fit the criteria:
Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
*Have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
Are experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms;
**Have returned from travel to a highly infected area in the past 14-days.
During the check-in process, all BLE Training test center employees will:
* Have access to masks, gloves and sanitizing materials. All test center employees will be required to wear a mask. Employees may opt to wear gloves.
* Visually check the test taker’s glasses and ID (IDs with expiration dates from February 1, 2020 forward will be acceptable for testing).
* Require test takers to sign in on roster sheet with a BLE Training-supplied pen.
* The pen will then be kept by the test taker throughout their testing experience and returned at check out.
* Scratch paper will be used during the exam, if permitted by the test taker’s program.
* Provide test takers an assigned locker number and key to place their belongings, if needed.
* Test takers will retain the key, and the locker area will remain under video surveillance while the center is open.
2. PROCTOR & TESTING ROOM PROCEDURES
Prior to entering the proctoring room, the following modified processes will be enacted:
* Test takers will be required to stand on the ‘stand here’ sign or ‘X’ in place on the floor, designating a safe distance away from the test center employee (where social distancing is in place according to the local government rules).
* Test takers will be asked to show arms and ankles, as well as empty their pockets from the agreed safe distance area.
* Image capture (if applicable) will be completed from the same position. Mask will need to be lowered or removed momentarily for this process by clasping the sides or strap of the mask to remove briefly, and then reaffixing in same manner. Certain biometric processes, such as fingerprinting and ID image capture, are currently discontinued to avoid further high points of touch.
* Note boards will be replaced with scratch paper to avoid reuse of materials.
During the exam process, the following modified process will be enacted:
* Test takers will be seated in a manner that ensures applicable distancing guidelines are satisfied during testing, following local government guidelines.
* Monitoring of the test room will be done exclusively using existing DVR monitoring.
* If a break is permissible according to the exam program rules, center staff will follow established end of exam processes and will ensure the path is clear to exit. Test takers should raise their hand for both breaks and questions.
* For locker access during breaks, the same process applied during check-in will be followed. Test takers will be instructed to only access lockers for food, drink, and medication, with the exception of programs with full access.
* Test center staff will record the time in and out of the test room, removing the need for the test taker to sign the roster.
3. END OF TEST PROCEDURES
Once the exam is complete, the following modified processes will be enacted:
* Test takers will be asked to return to the reception/admin area to complete their sign out process.
+ Test center employees will then:
– Have the test taker return to the reception desk to sign out with the BLE Training provided pen.
– Instruct test takers to provide all plain colored scratch paper and place them into a secure bin.
– Allow test takers to go to their locker to collect personal items.
– Step away to allow test taker to sign out/return the locker key.
Final cleaning procedures will require:
*Test takers to place their pen and locker key in a holding tub prior to leaving the facility, in order for these to be cleaned for the next test taker to use.
* Test center staff to use gloves when cleaning the used pens and putting them back into circulation at the end of the day.
* Test center staff to clean all surfaces, including every workstation, admin desk, and proctor desk, between each test taker and at the start and end of each day.
* Test center staff to securely destroy all used scratch paper prior to leaving the test center.
Please note that these procedures will be subject to change as necessary. To help enhance the no-touch experience, access to water fountains has been disabled. We recommend bringing your own water to store in one of our lockers while you test.
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open, in-between each test taker, and at the end of the day, and providing disposable wipes so that common surfaces can be wiped.